Trusted and Experienced Kansas City Criminal Attorneys
At Troppito Miller Griffin, LLC, We Fight for You
- Your freedom is our top priority.
- We represent ordinary people from all walks of life that have found themselves charged with serious crimes.
At Troppito Miller Griffin, LLC, Your Freedom is Our Top Priority
The moment you realize that you are the target of a Kansas City area criminal investigation, you need to contact us. By telling the police that you want to speak with your lawyer, you are preventing the police from using your words against you. If you quickly hire us, we will try to persuade prosecutors not to file charges against you.
If you are charged with a crime, there are many ways to win a criminal case before a Kansas City area jury trial. We will evaluate all options, and make the legal arguments that protect you. Sometimes evidence cannot be used in court (suppressed) because it was obtained in violation of your legal rights. Sometimes there may have been errors in the way the evidence was processed or stored. Sometimes legal papers (motions) can be filed that attack the way the prosecution intends to present its case to a jury.
You most likely will be faced with a decision whether to go to court (trial) or to accept a plea offer. We will give you candid advice about your chances of winning at a jury trial and we will give you our recommendation. You can count on us giving you our honest opinion and recommendations based on our experience and knowledge of the law.
If you decide to go to a criminal trial, we still may have factual and legal arguments in Missouri courts. We can confront the witnesses who testify against you. We can confront the prosecution experts in court and question their opinions. We can argue that certain evidence against you should not be shown to the jury (suppressed). Which option and how many legal options we can use depends on the facts of your case, but you can rest assured that we will use all the legal options we can. We are fighting for your freedom during the entire criminal process in Kansas City. We are fighting for your freedom to apply for a job without being worried about a background check, your freedom to live your life without the fear of being picked up on a warrant, and your freedom not to spend time in a jail or prison cell.
Your freedom is our top priority.
At Troppito Miller Griffin, LLC, We Answer Your Missouri or Kansas Criminal Legal Questions
- Should I use a court appointed attorney in my criminal case?
- What courts have you tried criminal cases in before?
- Have you handled a criminal case like mine before?
- The police are wanting me to come in for questioning. Do I need a lawyer?
- I’m innocent. If I cooperate with the police, won’t they just clear me?
- I haven’t been charged with a crime yet. Can you negotiate with the Kansas City area prosecutor and possibly get a lower charge?
- I haven’t been charged with a crime yet. Can you help with an investigation that my employer is doing?
- Can you help me avoid being arrested at work or being embarrassed in public?
- What are my criminal charges?
- What are my legal rights?
- What are the possible penalties for my criminal charges?
- Should I take a lie detector (polygraph) test?
- Can I get a bail set or get my bail reduced?
- How do I prove I am innocent?
- Can I reduce the chances of serving jail or prison time?
- Should I accept a plea bargain?
- How do I turn myself in on a warrant?
- Will I ever be able to work again with a criminal record?
These are all legitimate questions with answers specific to each client. We would encourage you to contact us, meet with us, and ask questions.
Our law practice experience includes handling the following types of criminal matters in the State and Local Courts of Missouri: Murder, Assault, Assault with a Weapon, Drug Manufacturing, Drug Possession, Driving While Intoxicated Causing Death or Injury, Driving While Intoxicated, Driving While Under the Influence of Drugs, Theft, Traffic Offenses, and Weapons Offenses.
We also have handled many other criminal charges not listed here in the greater Kansas City area. You should know that all criminal cases are different and it is unethical to promise a client any certain outcome. However, we promise to strive to do everything within legal and ethical limits to get you the best solution in each case.