Trusted and Experienced Kansas City Construction Law Attorneys
At Troppito Miller Griffin, LLC, Our Construction Attorney Understands the Construction Business
- You won’t spend your time and lawyer’s fees teaching us about what has gone wrong.
- We help contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, and material suppliers in commercial and residential construction projects.
- We also provide practical solutions to solve the problem at hand.
How Can Troppito Miller Griffin, LLC Prevent Problems With Your Kansas City Area Construction Job?
- Construction Contract Drafting. You’ve heard it said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”. Conflicts can arise over construction contracts. The only way to avoid these conflicts in Missouri and Kansas is by exercising foresight. This means we craft a construction contract that anticipates and plans for situations when a project goes wrong.
- We Can Help Subcontractors and Material Suppliers with Contract Signing and Negotiations. Did someone hand you a construction contract? Are you wondering what some of it means? Then, don’t sign it! Have us look over the contract first. Then, if necessary, have us bargain on your behalf.
- We Can Help Contractors Prevent an Occupational Safety Hazard Act (OSHA) Violation. OSHA’s mission is to ensure employers keep employees healthy and safe. But, failure to comply with OSHA regulations is a failure to provide a safe working environment. There are ever-increasing complexities in the workplace. Furthermore, there are extensive state and federal health and safety regulations. Plus, you have to understand how and when these regulations apply, as well as the penalties involved for non-compliance. Unsurprisingly, this is not an easy task for many employers. So, that’s where we come in. We’ll help you provide a healthy and safe workplace that meets OSHA’s requirements.
- We Can Help Contractors Prevent Construction Changes and Differing Site Conditions Claims. Construction professionals see plenty of performance and completion issues. These may include things like changes and extras, changed conditions, project schedules and time extensions, rights and remedies upon contract breach, and terminations. In the construction contracts we draft in Kansas and Missouri, we prepare for these changes. We also prepare for differing site conditions. Additionally, if a business or individual sues you for a contract violation related to changes and differing site conditions, then we will defend you in that lawsuit.
How Can Our Construction Attorney Help You Solve Problems With Your Construction Job in the Greater Kansas City Area?
- We Make Sure General Contractors, Subcontractors and Material Suppliers Get Paid. Were you paid for the work you performed on a property or for the materials you supplied for the property? If not, we can record a mechanic’s lien against the property in Missouri and Kansas.
- If OSHA Cites You, We Can Defend General Contractors. We are ready to defend employers against OSHA citations. We also defends employers against state civil and criminal enforcement actions. Our law firm has broad experience in handling all types of OSHA litigation. This includes citations involving allegations of willful and repeated violations, proposed multi-million dollar civil penalties, and employee death.
- We Can Help General Contractors with Construction Delay, Disruption and Acceleration Claims. In construction, “time is money.” Today’s construction projects are complicated and they have tight schedules. Unsurprisingly, disputes often arise regarding schedule delays and disruptions, acceleration demands, and liquidated damages. Our attorneys regularly defend contractors in Kansas City area litigation for schedule-related claims.
- We Can Make Sure Subcontractors and Material Suppliers Get Paid. Bonds and Miller Act Claims: Most public projects require the general contractor to obtain a performance and a payment bond. A subcontractor or material supplier can file a Miller Act claim, and we can handle that for you. Change Orders and Extra Work: A lot can change between the time you sign a contract and the time you complete the deal. The developer or general contractor may expect you to do extra work without extra pay. Unless you signed a very bad contract, they have no right to make you do so. We are here to protect your interests. Hire us and we will then stick up for you at the bargaining table.
- We Can Help Builders, General Contractors, Subcontractors, Architects or Engineers with Construction Defect Claims. Almost any condition that reduces the value of a home, condominium, or common area can be legally recognized as a defect in design or workmanship, or a defect related to land movement. If someone makes a construction defect claim against you, then we can protect you in Missouri or Kansas litigation. Just give us a call and let our construction attorney explain what you need to know.