Ryan D. Kiliany joined Troppito Miller Griffin, LLC, in 2011, and is now a Member of the Firm, Focusing His Missouri and Kansas Law Practice on:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Business Bankruptcy
Legal Honors Received:
- Ryan is a member Western District of Missouri Bankruptcy Advisory Committee, which advises the Bankruptcy Court on rule changes, procedure , and the efficiency of the bankruptcy process.
- In 2012, Ryan co-authored “Chapter 13 and The Path to a Better Life”, which is a chapter in a book called “Best Practices for Filing Chapter 13”. The book is designed to be used by other attorneys who have questions or need assistance with their chapter 13 bankruptcy practice. This book can be viewed and/or purchased at Westlaw by clicking here.
- Ryan has served as in-house counsel for a corporation specializing in managing residential foreclosures for national banks.
- Ryan then became associated with the Sypher Law Group, where he handled consumer bankruptcy cases.
- Graduated from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law in 2006, with a Juris Doctorate. He received a concentration in business and entrepreneurial law.
- Graduated from the University of Kansas in 1999 with a degree in Business Administration.
- Licensed to practice law in Missouri
- Licensed to practice law in Kansas federal courts
- Volunteer Attorney Projects- 30+ years spent volunteering for clients unable to afford an attorney
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member of Western District of Missouri Bankruptcy Advisory Group
Additional Work Experience:
Email: [email protected]
- Subsequent to his undergraduate degree, Ryan lived in Chicago, Illinois, working for a Fortune 500 technology company, until he was accepted to law school.
- While in law school, Ryan volunteered his time at the UMKC Business Law Clinic, assisting small start-up companies with entity formation and legal issues.
- Ryan also completed an internship with the Western District of Missouri Bankruptcy Court, working closely with the Court’s respective bankruptcy judges on legal issues and appellate cases.